Saturday, October 31, 2015

Os High

Day 1

It feels like a long time since I visited a European city. The feelings are lying, but at least they are honest.

The cold, crisp air when stepping off the plane was a refreshing change from the smacks of heat we all usually look forward to. This immediately gave the place a ski town vibe. As well as the sensation of air on face, it's funny how small things like pavement styles give a city a distinctive feel.

Knocked out nicely on the coach from Rygge to Oslo, but what I did see were combinations of Christmas trees greens and autumnal oranges making for quite a moving picture. Naise.

Oslo town seems to be full of stereotypical culture with a vast number of museums, art galleries, scuptures and historic landmarks. I think I spent 2/3 of my waking hours today deciding which museums to hit in the next few days! I am looking forward to nailing my combination of adventures while also just chilling and vibing off the city.

Spent the evening in Aker Brygge, the harbour aka "New Oslo". Really cool area with fancy restaurants and bars with outdoor heated seating areas along the waterfront. Randomly ended up at this Asian restaurant (called Asia) where I had a beauty of a dish known as raw pad thai.

Tomorrow is the culture day!

No comments:

Post a Comment