Saturday, October 5, 2013

All Falls Down

Driving out of Athirappilly, I get a last sight of the lush greenery that surrounds the road. I was excited about the few banana trees that I saw in Kochi - well, now the nature has hit! Welcome to the jungle (is what I would say to myself if I wasn't currently departing from this place). 

Athirappilly is mainly famous for its waterfalls, and after seeing them I understand why! Standing about 10m from the bottom of the waterfall for nearly two hours, I got soaked! In my very brief video diary I described it as being on Tidal Wave (Thorpe Park ride) constantly. Again this was some exaggeration. That being said, I was loving it and acting like I was shooting for a Tresemme advert. I also took this opportunity to refine my selfie* skills.

In the evening I found a great spot on a rock in the middle of a river to sit and read. Unfortunately it got dark rapidly again, and preferring not to present myself as a meal for mosquitoes and/or other monsters of the wild, I returned to the hut.

*A "selfie" is a photograph for which the photographer is the same person as the subject. It is usually used for Facebook profile picture purposes. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes on the video diary. It sounds better than all of ours bar the first goat one. Also different to getting soaked by Tidal Wave, cos after that everyone was miserable (and/or angry). Picture is sick.

    ReplyDelete