Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Birthday Queenstown & On

(Written 20/12, 18.00)

I am writing this in a setting that I believe cannot be beaten for calmness. I am on a rock on the Lake Tekapo front, staring out into tranquil blue water and Mount Cook (the tallest in NZ) and its surrounding snow-capped mountains. Not cold, not hot, sight breeze = beauty. My aim is to reproduce this calmness regardless of externalities! 

The last four days in Queenstown were a lot of fun, and it felt birthday celebrations of Chief Bash for the whole period: two big nights out, one adrenaline-fuelled activity day (Canyon Swing bungee for Bhavesh (intense) and Shotover Jet Boat for both of us (not exciting)), and a final relaxed day lapping up the picturesque Queenstown. The relaxed day also included through surprisingly fun Luge (engine-free go-karting down a massive hill) and some gondola rides. Playing Golf (card game) at the top of the hill was a pretty special moment, I must admit! Queenstown certainly is an awesome town, but given that the two big nights followed the same route (bar: The Find, club: Buffalo), and the fact that between the two of us we covered most of the iconic attractions, I think four nights was the ideal duration. It is small! I think Chief Bash and I agree that we have played these three weeks in NZ impeccably, getting to see everything we wanted to across both islands! Solid game, but sleep sounds good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment