Thursday, January 16, 2014

Islands and Fire

(Written 16/01, 12.51pm)

Having seen so many magical things in the last two months or so, I think Thailand is going to serve a very different purpose in my travels. Koh Samui is a great island with a nice beach to relax on - exactly what I wanted to slow down the back end of my travels. I do not seem to tire of sitting on that beach in the stormy weather. The owners at Penzy guesthouse, where I am staying, treat us like their kids! Now I have only seen two islands so far, but to me Thailand is all about the islands.

The Full Moon Party was everything I expected and wanted: lights, fire and music on the beach! I made some nice Dutch friends at the guesthouse, which meant I was not a total loner at the party! The whole event was a lot of fun, from the guesthouse pep talk to the bumpy speed boat rides in the dark (to and from Koh Pha Ngan) to finding myself safe and sound this morning! I liked it a lot. 

I seem to be verbalising (but luckily not vocalising!) all of my thoughts these days. I am not sure if I always do that and it is just that I have noticed it now, or it is because I have done much less talking than usual in the last twenty days! Let's see when I get back.

On to the small island of Koh Tao tomorrow for a few days. It is meant to be special for diving, so hopefully will see some cool things beneath the surface!

No comments:

Post a Comment