Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year's Day is Bonsai Day

(Written 01/01/14, 17.50)

Bondi Beach on New Year's Day? Cool.

On the approach to Bondi Beach from Bronte Beach, I looked out and thought "oh dear, this is a pretty ordinary beach rammed with people". I was wrong! Only when I walked through it could I appreciate how many cool things were going on on the beach and its surroundings. So many mad skills in show in the form of skateboarding, beach volleyball, graffiti, surfing, and I'm pretty sure a few others. The skateboarding in the dried-up-swimming-pool-looking hole in the ground particularly blew my mind. They were all supporting each other and there were so many different looks being rocked by the skaterboarders, which made it even cooler. I just could not stop watching! 

Bondi Beach seems like the epitome of the Australian Dream! It is quality that this is so close to central Sydney, which is also capturing, but for much more luxury-driven and corporate reasons in contrast to Bondi's quirky surfer-dude vibe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment