Friday, September 27, 2013

The Last Supper at Karnal

Sitting at the foot of the bed poised to write this final blog from Karnal, a scene the resident lizards have become accustomed to over the last ten days, I have been reflecting on my stay. As I look about the room I see that my immediate surroundings tell a large part of the story, from the "Good Knight" insect repellent tablets to the stack of brick-shaped books on the shelf.

The small-engined Activa scooters driven by all, from pre-teen kids to aunties in sarees, aptly describe the pace I have been living at in Karnal - not that life's speedometer reads so low for everyone here! This has been a very nice change as it has given rise to a dramatically different set of day-to-day activities from home. The peace-inspiring and self-searching readings have been ideal for this environment, and I am intrigued to see how relevant I can make them in the future.

"Calmly active and actively calm." 

On a slightly different note, the last three days have registered a significant amount of time playing "The Subzi Game" with my four-year-old cousin. The game involved putting invisible subzi (vegetables) into cushions. Similar to GTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment