Sunday, September 29, 2013

Hyderabad Day One

I touched down in Hyderabad to begin my solo travels in a part of India completely new to me. It was far cooler than I was expecting after people in both Karnal and Delhi had said the weather would be unbearable! 

It has been a very interesting first half day here. Visited Golconda Fort and heard about the vast history through a light and audio show. I could not think of a better commentary voice than Amitabh Bachchan's for the show! Knowing some of the history of the fort made it so much more fascinating than just seeing yet another ruin. The rest of the evening was scattered with army stories, including the particularly interesting selection process. Heard and racked my brain to some great questions involved in their psyhological testing!

I think this is going to be fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment