Friday, November 8, 2013

Jalan Parlimen and Lepak

After wondering what was left in Kuala Lumpur, I started wandering what was left in Kuala Lumpur. I headed towards the Lake Gardens in attempt of a relaxed day with some nice scenery. This led me down Jalan Parlimen (Parliament Street), which looked more like an American Boulevard than just another street in KL! The greenery was trimmed to perfection, the road was very smooth, and there were Malaysian flags at regular and short intervals! Coincidentally (or not) the Malaysian flag looks very similar to the US flag. The road also accommodated the National Monument (a memorial for the victory over Communsim) and the ASEAN sculpture gardens. After much roaming around Lake Gardens, I did find the illusive, but worthwhile, Orchid Garden.

In the evening I returned to KLCC park under the Petronas Twin Towers, which has rapidly been established as my favourite place to lepak (Malay for 'chill') in KL. In hindsight, three days to explore the capital seemed perfect - good that I messed up my flight booking and returned a day earlier than intended!      

No comments:

Post a Comment