Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Pride, party and monsoon

(Written Monday 4th November, 13.00)

Fitting for the complete newbie that I am, I just got caught nicely in the God's cross-fire (the monsoon)! As I felt the first few drops, I looked up and though "nah, this isn't going to come down hard". Right.

With its bright lights and frenzied ravers, Singapore's club area Clarke Quay is very similar to "The Strip" found on all club-holidays (Faliraki, Algarve, etc.), but with added sophistication. Getting a bottle of Belvedere inside the club seems like the norm! Hanging out with Shoban's friends, "The Irish" and a few locals, made for a good night out. 

Following the late night and a late wake-up, I decided today was the day for a trek at McRitchie Nature Reserve. After a 5km walk through the jungle, keeping my eyes on the prize, the HSBC tree top bridge was closed because it was gone 5pm! Oh dear. Luckily I found a couple of French people at the top who managed to persude the bridge-keeper to let us check it out and take some photos. Decent. 

So far it seems that each time someone advises "this is not a walkable, take the bus" I take it as a challenge and walk! Better stop this foolishness before I reach Australia where the distances will be legitimately unwalkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment